Twitter Trouble Thoughts
When I started watching this video, my mind was going through many thoughts. Being a teenager/student like them, it's hard to imagine your teacher outside of school. These students who were involved probably thought nobody who had authority would ever see them, thus they tweet away about the things they dislike. A lot of people seem to think that they could be invincible on the internet, but are they really?
Khadijah dislikes her teacher a lot and rants on about him to make herself feel better. But guess what, teachers are human too! They have feelings and thoughts just like everyone else but people seem to forget that. It was very inappropriate for Khadijah to have tweeted those rude comments about her teacher, because that's cyber bullying. Except in this situation, it's not student to student, but student to teacher. Very rare!
(want to read more? click cliffhanger! :)
(want to read more? click cliffhanger! :)
With this situation being 'very rare', I have many mixed feelings about it. On one side, I don't think the school board has no business of being involved and enforcing a punishment that happened outside the school, but technically, since they're relationship with each other is through school, the school board should be involved? It's very confusing. I think it would be a lot more simpler if police just settled it, I think the message they are trying to send to the student would be "heard" a lot better. With the school board involved, they'll just seem to "apologize" just so they don't get in a lot more trouble at school, where we students spend 5/7 days of the week.
I think students should be able to express their opinions freely just like everyone else. We do have a right of freedom of speech but I think as teenagers, we should know our limits. Freedom of speech is a positive thing when it helps the greater good, but these types of opinions are best to closed off from public eyes!


I agree with your point about this topic being incredibly confusing. It is! As a teenager, you understand Khadijah's frustration and feel for her considering she was just tweeting her feelings like everyone else. But then again, there's the teacher's side to this who felt personally offended. It's a conflicting subject, but your points very well supported your opinions. Overall, I enjoyed reading your post, Anna! Great job! :)
ReplyDelete